Friday, February 11, 2011

Clear Frame (almost)

I have made a lot of progress on the teardown of the bike.  Got everything pulled out and off and went through the parts to see what I want to use and not use, still up in the air about that.  I think it will become clear once I start putting it back together.  

I had to leave the front forks and wheel on for balance, the frame is off set on one side so it would not sit on the stand very well.  Obviously the engine is out as well, that was a bit harder to get out, but once I figured it out it came out fairly easily.

The engine is in good shape, and hope to do very little work on that, seeing as it is a first build for me and all.

2 comments:

  1. That frame has a really nice curve in the top tube, would be good to extend that on through the hardtail......

    As for getting rid if bits, keep EVERYTHING until the bike is back together and running! You never know what you might need!!!

    You gonna run indicators on the bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey TC, right now I am planning on not running indicators. I do like the top tube it actually lines up fairly nice with the hardtail I bought.

    ReplyDelete