Saturday, November 12, 2011

Back to work!

It has been a while since I have done anything with "The Side Hill Gouger" build.  I have continued to accumulate some new parts however.


I found some wheels, tires and a fuel tank off of an old Honda XL on Craigslist.  I got the whole package for $50 from a very cool lady who rebuilds old Honda mini bikes.

I love the look of the tank, this is exactly what I have been looking for.  The only down side is that it has a nice dent on the opposite side and does not fit the backbone on the CL frame.  Pretty rusty on the inside as well.

The front tire I am really excited about.  It is a 21" tire, the original CL front was a 19". I like the look of the tall skinny tire.  I plan to lower the front forks to accentuate the height of the tire and to keep the frame level.

No comments:

Post a Comment